Spending a few days in Dubai on vacation? Want to spend a day or a night in one of the world’s most luxurious hotels by the sea but don’t live in the UAE? There is a wide range of hotels in Dubai, making it difficult to find one that meets your needs and expectations while staying within your budget.
A list of beach hotels to try in each district was created by the Lively Dubai editorial team as a result. Going south from Old Dubai, up and down the city’s north side (towards Dubai Marina)
Beach Hotels in Jumeriah Area- North
Nikki Beach Resort & Spa Dubai
It’s located in one of Dubai’s most posh areas. As with the rest of Nikki Beach’s hotels, this five-star resort on Jumeirah Pearl Island celebrates the art of living. Guests have access to a 27-meter swimming pool, a bubble pool, and a private beach from the hotel. For a day of bubbly excitement, this location is ideal! Guests can choose from Clarins and Elemental Herbology treatments, which are offered to both sexes.
- Family features: Connecting rooms, play areas and babysitting service are also provided for families.
- Daytime “Pool & Beach” access: 200 AED during the week and 300 AED during the weekend at the hotel swimming pool. A special “mom” offer during the week including Pool & Beach access and breakfast until 9:30 am at 145 AED. And every Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for girls: access to the Nikki Beach Club and 6 drinks at 130 AED. For men 250 AED including 100 AED to spend on food.
- Location map of Nikki Beach Resort & Spa Dubai
Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai
Tourists and residents alike will find plenty to do at the Mandarin Oriental, which is conveniently located in the heart of Jumeirah 1. It opened in the first quarter of 2019 with a modern and refined ambiance, and its stunning lobby is entirely comprised of lighted trees. All of the hotel’s 256 guestrooms and suites offer stunning views of the Dubai skyline or the Arabian Gulf.
- Family features: The Little Nomads Kids’Club welcomes children between 3 and 10 years old.
- Dining options: Two great restaurants to try: Tasca from the Portuguese José Avoulez, two Michelin stars, and the famous Japanese steakhouse, Netsu, by chef Ross Shonhan.
- Pool & Beach day access: 500 AED for adults including 150 AED to spend on food and 250 AED for children including 75 AED to spend on food.
- Location map of Mandarin Oriental Jumeira
Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach
Guests staying at the Four Seasons Resort have access to 237 well-appointed rooms with a variety of free amenities, including toiletries, blankets, high chairs, and strollers. On the coast, in the Jumeirah 2 neighbourhood.
- Family features: The kids club is open for children between 4 and 12 years old and remains open on Thursdays and Fridays until 11:00 p.m.
- Dining options: The Souq restaurant also has a playground to entertain children. Finally, the resort offers a very wide choice of culinary experiences, in particular Coya restaurant which offers modern Peruvian gastronomy.
- Location map of the Four Seasons Resort Dubai
Beach Hotels in Umm Suqeim Area – towards Burj Al Arab
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
One of Dubai’s most well-known hotels, the wave-shaped Jumeirah Beach Hotel, underwent a major renovation in 2018. This family-friendly hotel has six swimming pools and each room has a view of the Arabian Gulf and the Burj Al Arab. Guests have access to the hotel’s numerous amenities, which include the opulent Talise Spa.
- Family features: Its children’s club having the theme of the underwater world offers many manual and sports activities for children from 2 to 10 years old. Staying at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel also gives you unlimited access to the Wild Wadi Waterpark.
- Pool & Beach day access: 250 AED for adults and 150 AED for children on weekdays, 300 AED for adults and 200 AED for children on weekends.
- Location map of Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Hotels in Madinat Jumeirah
The Jumeirah Hotels Group owns four luxurious hotels, including Dubai’s Madinat Jumeriah, a government institution. One block away from Madinat Jumeirah Souk are four hotels (Al Naseem, Al Qasr, Al Masyaf and Mina A’Salla). Located on the water’s edge, the hotels welcome you in their own distinctive style with first-rate service.
- Dining options: A wide choice of international cuisine, including some very good restaurants, like the Kayto with its Peruvian-Japanese fusion cuisine or the fish restaurant Rockfish at Al Naseem; Pai Thai at Al Qasr or the friendly Shimmers (Mina A’Salam) where you will taste some good Greek dishes with your feet in the sand.
- Pool & Beach day access: AED 295 for adults and AED 195 for children on weekdays, AED 395 for adults and AED 295 for children on weekends.
- Location map of Madinat Jumeirah
Beach Hotels in Palm Jumeirah, Dubai
Sofitel The Palm
The Palm Crescent is home to this sprawling family complex themed after French Polynesia, complete with a vertical garden. Sofitel The Palm has a floating park (Waiora Aqua Bounce) on its private beach as well as an Eco Golf course with pedal boats and kayaks available to guests. Various organic therapies are available at the 2,500-square-meter Spa’s six pools.
- Family features: Children up to 12 years old can enjoy the Amura Kids Club.
- Pool & Beach day access: 275 AED during the week, including 150 AED to be spent on food and 325 AED during the weekend, 200 AED of which to be spent on food.
- Location map of Sofitel The Palm
Even if you don’t plan on staying the night at the legendary Atlantis hotel, you must see it at least once while in Dubai or visiting for a few days.
- Family features: Spend a day in the famous Aquaventure park to test its slides and attractions including The Lost Chambers Aquarium and its 65,000 marine animals.
- Dining options: The Atlantis boasts a large number of restaurants, including the famous underwater restaurant, the Ossiano, run by Grégoire Berger, which offers an exceptional menu based on seafood with Mediterranean flavors. Do not hesitate to push the doors of Nobu’s home of famous chef Nobu Matsuhisa with his Peruvian-Japanese fusion cuisine. As for the Ronda Locatelli restaurant, it will serve you simple and tasty dishes in the colors of Italy! For a more family-friendly and fun experience, try the Wavehouse.
- Pool & Beach day access: if you don’t want to spend the day at Aquaventure, try the White Beach Club for 200 AED with 100 AED to spend on food. Every Tuesday from noon to 5 p.m. for girls, access to the beach club and unlimited drinks from 100 AED as well as 50% discount on a special menu.
- Location map of Atlantis The Palm
Fairmont The Palm
With a private beach and Aquaspin (a stationary aquatic bike), this five-star hotel on a palm trunk offers numerous activities for adults and children alike (paddle, kayak, catamaran). A short walk from the hotel will get you to Dubai Marina, one of the three monorail stations on the Palm.
- Family features: The Fairmont The Palm has kids club open for children from the age of 18 months and up to 16 years of age.
- Pool & Beach day access: 250 AED for adults including 150 AED to spend on food and 125 AED for children from 4 to 12 years old including 75 AED to spend on food.
- Location map of Fairmont The Palm
W Dubai – The Palm
When you stay at the W The Palm, you can expect an ultra-modern and even trippy décor to keep you entertained! In addition to its fantastic swimming pools with wet pods (a type of white wicker tent), the hotel’s 350 guestrooms and suites create a joyful environment for guests.
- Dining options: W The Palm offers very good restaurants, whether Akira Back with its Japanese cuisine with Korean accents or the Italian Torno Subito by Massimo Bottura, triple Michelin star chef.
- Pool & Beach day access: 200 AED from Monday to Thursday and 300 AED from Friday to Sunday. On Saturdays between noon and 3 p.m. access is free for girls (minimum expenditure of 200 AED thereafter).
- Location map of W The Palm
One & Only The Palm
It’s one of Dubai’s most beautiful hotels, with just 90 rooms and suites, as well as four seaside villas with Moorish-inspired architecture. As one of Dubai’s most exclusive hotels, The Address Palm Jumeirah enjoys a privileged location on the island’s final west crescent. Take the water shuttle from One & Only Mirage in just 10 minutes to get to One & Only The Palm. You can also drive there. In addition to the first-rate infrastructure, the Emirates’ one and only Guerlain spa is available to guests.
- Dining options: The excellent STAY By Yannick Alléno (3 Michelin stars) and its famous pastry menu is ideal for a romantic dinner.
- Pool & Beach day access: 390 AED for adults and 265 AED for children aged 4 to 11 during the week and 525 AED for adults and 370 AED for children on weekends and public holidays.
- Location map of One & Only The Palm
Beach Hotels in Al Sufouh Area, Dubai
One & Only Royal Mirage
The tropical garden and four swimming pools of the One & Only Mirage, designed in a modern Arabic style, will entice you. Three separate buildings house One & Only’s largest hotel, the Palace, the Arabian Court, and the Residence & Spa, which offers a wide range of accommodations. Among the hotel’s many amenities is a luxurious spa, where guests can indulge in a variety of oriental therapies.
- Family features: A club for children between 4 and 11 years old offers many cultural and educational activities.
- Dining options: There is something for everyone with eight restaurants including the Moroccan Tagine or Olives which offers dishes with Mediterranean flavors. And if you want to enjoy the outdoors, try Eauzone, which serves Asian cuisine around the pool along the wooden paths.
- Pool & Beach day access: From 200 AED during the week and 250 AED during the weekend depending on the season at the Drift Beach Club. Mondays and Tuesdays, for girls access for only 100 AED.
- Location map of One & Only Royal Mirage
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
Located between the Marina and JBR districts, this sprawling complex has five swimming pools, several infrastructures (such as a nautical base and tennis courts) and a spa called Heavenly Spa by Westin.
- Family features: The Westin shares many infrastructures with the Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, in particular the Kids club which offers various activities for children between 4 and 12 years old.
- Dining options: The hotel has a wide choice of quality restaurants like La Bussola which offers fine Italian cuisine or the Thai Spice Emporium. Not to mention, the famous Friday brunch, Bubbalicious!
- Pool & Beach day access: 220 AED for adults and 125 AED for children aged 4 to 12 during the week days and 310 AED for adults and 150 AED for children on weekends and public holidays. These prices give the right to 100 AED (and 50 AED for children) to spend on food.
- Location map of The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi
Beach Hotels in JBR beach Area- near Dubai Marina
The Ritz Carlton JBR
The 294 rooms and suites of the Ritz-Carlton face the sea in a Mediterranean setting, and it’s only a short walk from The Walk in Dubai’s thriving JBR district. The hotel also has a spa, and on certain days of the week, services are discounted for men and women separately.
- Family features: You will find six swimming pools including two swimming pools specially adapted for children as well as a kids club which offers sports activities and also cooking lessons.
- Pool & Beach day access: AED 299 for adults and AED 100 for children aged 4 to 12 during the week and AED 399 for adults at weekends. These rates give you the right to 150 AED to spend on food.
- Location map of The Ritz Carlton JBR
Rixos Premium Dubai JBR
The Crystal Tower, a 35-story ultra-modern hotel in the heart of JBR, offers stunning views of the Arabian Gulf and the world-famous Ain Dubai Ferris wheel. Visit the spa, which has a Turkish hammam and a joint relaxation lounge for men and women. Dive, jet ski, and parasail are just some of the activities available at Dubai’s Sky and Sea Adventures, an aqua club.
- Dining options: The Rixos Premium offers varied and international foods at its nine restaurants, including its very good Italian restaurant Luigia (and its delicious pizza!)
- Pool & Beach day access: 300 AED during the week, 100 AED to spend on food and 400 AED on weekends with 200 AED to spend on food.
- Location map of Rixos Premium
JA Ocean View Hotel
This JBR Beach hotel offers more accessible and family-friendly accommodations with 338 single and family rooms. All of the amenities of a luxury hotel are available to guests at this property, which is just steps away from the public beach and all of The Walk’s attractions, activities, and dining options.
- Family features: The JA Ocean View Hotel offers many activities for the whole family including an infinity pool and a pool dedicated to children, an indoor playground (CoolZone) and a kids club.
- Location map of JA Ocean View Hotel
Beach Hotels in Bluewaters Island, Dubai
Caesars Palace Bluewaters Dubai
With its upscale accommodations and attention to detail, Caesars Palace Bluewaters Island is the first Caesars Palace outside of Sin City.
- Family features: Families can take advantage of the kids club where activities are adapted according to age. Note that there is even a dedicated club for teenagers.
- Dining options: The hotel offers twelve restaurants, bars and lounges including Hell’s Kitchen by famous star chef Gordon Ramsay.
- Pool & Beach day access: The hotel’s swimming pool 150 AED for adults with a mandatory minimum expenditure of 100AED on food. At Cove Beach (within the hotel): many offers depending on the day of the week, especially for girls on Wednesdays between noon and 5 p.m. access and unlimited rosé from 100 AED.
- Location map of Caesars Palace Bluewaters Dubai
Choosing your destination and planning your vacation or staycation are the only things left to do. Above all, make the most of your time in Dubai, both on and off the beach!