About Al Majaz Waterfront Park
Sharjah’s Al Majaz Waterfront Park is one of the city’s most popular recreation spots, with a unique mix of green spaces, luxury restaurants, and sports and recreation facilities for kids, all overlooking Khalid Lake.
The view of Khalid Lake from Al Majaz Waterfront Park is stunning, and the park offers a variety of kid-friendly amenities, such as mini-golf, a splash park, a small water park, a miniature railway, and more.
In addition to being a popular destination for families in Sharjah, the park offers a wide range of activities for tourists and visitors of all types. As well as going on cruises, Al Majaz Waterfront Park in Sharjah is a great place to eat delicious food at a variety of upscale restaurants. Using a boat on Khaled Lake, which offers a stunning vantage point for exploring the park. The Sharjah Fountain can be found in the garden, and it performs to a variety of music rhythms and displays a spectacular show of sound and colour.
For tours of the park and the lake promenade, visitors can rent bicycles or electric scooters from the park’s rental service. Hikers and walkers have a designated trail running through the park’s core.
It’s not uncommon for locals and tourists to congregate at Al Majaz Waterfront Park to watch the evening fireworks display on national holidays and special occasions like National Day, Eid al-Adha, Eid al-Fitr, and New Year. To add a festive air, the city’s key buildings are painted in a rainbow of vibrant hues for Sharjah’s annual Sharjah Festival of Light, which takes place in November.
Where is Al Majaz Waterfront Park located?
In the heart of Sharjah’s city centre, this lovely garden looks out over the Buhaira Corniche and Jamal Abdel Nasser Street. From anywhere in Sharjah, you can easily get to this park. Around Al Majaz Waterfront Park, you’ll find some interesting things to see, like these:
- Al Noor Mosque
- Al Noor Island
- Al Qasba Water Canal
- Flag Island
- Sharjah Aquarium
- The Maritime Museum in Sharjah
- Sharjah Art Museum
- Al Mahatta Aviation Museum
- Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization
Location map of Al Majaz Waterfront Park in Sharjah
Restaurants and cafes available in Al Majaz Waterfront Park
Sharjah’s finest restaurants and cafes can be found in Al Majaz Waterfront Park, making it a popular destination for people of all tastes. Beautiful views of Khalid Lake and top-notch food and drinks are hallmarks of these establishments. A sampling of nearby eateries and cafes are listed below:
- Shakespeare & Co
- Tim Hortens
- Caribou coffee
- TGI Fridays
- lemon blossom
- Aleppo Palace
- Spice Grill Seafood Restaurant
- Al Fanar
- Gourmet fish
Timings and ticket prices for Al Majaz Waterfront Park
If you drive to the park and leave your car in one of the parking spaces, you will be charged parking fees, but that’s about it. The park itself is free to enter.
Since the park has no entrance gates and is open to the public 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the dates for visiting are also open all the time.
Activities that can be done at Al Majaz Waterfront Park in Sharjah
This park has a wide range of activities for the whole family, such as the ones listed below:
- Bicycle and electric scooters rental
- Rent a boat (with driver) for a picnic on the lake
- Rent a small boat (without driver) for a picnic on the lake
- Walking on the corniche and jogging track
- Practicing mini golf
- Entry to the mini water park
- Watching the dancing fountain shows (at night)
- Take a bus tour to see the city of Sharjah where there is a bus stop inside the park.
- Eat and drink in many cafes and restaurants.
- Ride the little train
Facilities and services available in Al Majaz Waterfront Park in Sharjah?
The following are some of the park’s service and recreation amenities:
- car parking
- Bathrooms for women and bathrooms for men
- information center
- Gift shop
- Restaurants and cafes
- Dedicated walking and jogging track
- Amusement parks and games for children (for a fee)
- Mini golf (for a fee)
- Mini water park (for a fee)
- Alwan Child Center (educational and entertaining, for a fee)
- Football pitches available for rent (for a fee)
- Security and cleaning services
- Bicycle and electric scooters rental service