What is Al Mahatta Aviation Museum?
It was officially opened to the public on 14 March 2000. It was the first airport in the area. He built it and later turned it into an aviation museum in the United Arab Emirates and Gulf region. It was constructed in 1932 and later turned into a As a result of its priceless and rare assets, it has been designated as a historical landmark, documenting aviation history from the earliest human attempts to the first manned moon landing.
Explore the history of aviation at the first airport in the UAE
Flights from the UK to India were operated out of the airport, which was on the museum’s property, in the 1930s. Visit this museum to learn about mankind’s early attempts to fly to the moon, as well as the development of aviation in this region. The museum is housed in the old airport building that once served Sharjah as a gateway to the Arabian Gulf. A fascinating video about Sharjah and the airport in the 1930s will also be available for your viewing pleasure. Fully restored and rebuilt helicopter replicas are on display in the museum’s flight hangar alongside the original refuelling tank.
Where is Al Mahatta Aviation Museum located?
Aviation Museum Al Mahatta in Sharjah’s Al Mahatta district, next to the Federal Authority for Identity & Citizenship and behind Al Qasimia district.
Museum site map
What are the prices for entry tickets to Al Mahatta Aviation Museum in Sharjah?
- Children (under 2 years old) : Free
- Children (from 2 to 12 years old) 5 dirhams
- Adults: (13 years or older) : 10 dirhams
- Public School Trips: Free
- Private School Trips: Free
- Public university trips: free
- Private university trips: free
- Seniors (60 years or older) + one accompanying person: Free
- People of determination: free
- Tourist delegations: for adults (7 dirhams), children (3 dirhams), and a tour guide (free of charge)
Entry to the museum is free on the following days:
- International Museum Day on May 18
- On October 5, the anniversary of the first plane landing on the land of the city of Sharjah
- Martyr’s Day, corresponding to the first of December
Al Mahatta Aviation Museum Opening Times
Working hours on normal days
- From Saturday to Thursday: from 8 am to 8 pm
- Friday: from 4 pm to 8 pm
Working hours during Ramadan
- From Saturday to Thursday: from 9 am to 2 pm
- Friday: closed
Holidays during which the museum is closed
- On the 29th and 30th of Ramadan every year
- The first day of Eid al-Fitr
- The ninth day of the month of Dhul-Hijjah
- The first day of Eid al-Adha
How long is enough time to visit Al Mahatta Aviation Museum?
Plan on spending one to two hours exploring the museum’s various sections when you go to the Al Mahatta Aviation Museum in Sharjah.
Museum contact information
- Phone Number: +971-(6) 573 3079
- Fax Number: +971-(6) 573 3711
- Email: email@example.com
Facilities available at Al Mahatta Aviation Museum
- Prayer room
- Baby changing room
- Entrance for people of determination
- Wi-Fi service
- Nursing rooms
A photo tour inside the Al Mahatta Aviation Museum in Sharjah
Here’s a look at some of the photos our team took while exploring the Al Mahatta Museum: